An introduction to EDM Shop
The EDM Shop has been in existence since 1990. Founded by Les Porter, who is still actively involved in the company.
TThe company originally trade as Spark Erosion Equipment before changing its name to EDM Shop in 2002 to be more representative of the company’s activities and strengthen the brand presence of the machines it imports and distributes.
From only having a small range of spark eroders in the early 90’s the EDM Shop has evolved into one of the leading suppliers of high tech equipment for the manufacturing industry as well as providing equipment for the rubber and plastic injection moulding market. We are still a leading supplier to the South African Toolmaking industry.
The company has a vast range of CNC mills and machining centres (including 5 axis), CNC lathes, EDM machines and surface and cylindrical grinders in its product portfolio. They are now able to offer complete turnkey projects to both tool rooms and production shops, to allow their clients to get the best return on their investment.
They also represent one of the largest Plastic injection moulding brands from China (Hong Kong Based) and can offer machine from 22 to 3800 tons. They complement this with a range of rubber injection and compression moulding machines from Long Chang, Taiwan.
The brands that EDM Shop now represent includes Wele (machining centres (up to 5 axis), big vertical turning/milling centres and boring mills), Jyoti / Huron (machining centres (up to 5 axis), turning centres, small vertical turning centres and turnkey machining solutions) Paragon (cylindrical and polygonal grinding machines), Phoenix bed type milling machines and flat-bed CNC lathes, Aristech RAM EDM machines, Accutex and SSG wire EDM machines.
Around 70% of the EDM Shop's clients are family orientated businesses where we have serviced more than one generation, the remaining 30% being large corporate clients.