EDM SHOP

has been in existence since 1990, originally known as Spark Erosion Equipment.

What Machines We Offer

We have a veriety of products and machines
CNC Lathes, Machining Centres, EDM Machines, Injection Moulding Machines

SA Tool Making Industry

Range of CNC mills and machining centres (including 5 axis), CNC lathes, EDM machines and surface and cylindrical grinders

Our Suppliers

We have a veriety of products and machines
CNC Lathes, Machining Centres, EDM Machines, Injection Moulding Machines

“Founded by Les Porter, who is still actively involved in the company and heads up the injection moulding division.

The company originally trade as Spark Erosion Equipment before changing its name to EDM Shop in 2002 to be more representative of the company’s activities and strengthen the brand presence of the machines it imports and distributes.

From only having a small range of spark eroders in the early 90’s, the EDM Shop has evolved into one of the leading suppliers of high tech equipment for the manufacturing industry as well as providing equipment for the rubber and plastic injection moulding market. We are still a leading supplier to the South African Toolmaking industry. 

The company has added a vast range of CNC mills and machining centres (including 5 axis), CNC lathes, EDM machines and surface and cylindrical grinders to its product portfolio. They are now able to offer complete turnkey projects to both toolrooms and production shops, allowing their clients to get the best return on their investment.

They also represent Welltec, one of the largest Plastic injection moulding brands from China and can offer machine from 60 to 4000 tons. They complement this with a range of rubber injection and compression moulding machines from Dekuma. 

The brands that EDM Shop now represent includes Wele (machining centres (up to 5 axis), big vertical turning/milling centres and boring mills), Jyoti / Huron (machining centres (up to 5 axis), turning centres, small vertical turning centres and turnkey machining solutions), Paragon (cylindrical and polygonal grinding machines), Phoenix bed type milling machines and flat-bed CNC lathes, Aristech RAM EDM machines, Accutex and SSG wire EDM machines as well as Ocean EDM drills.

The new division that is growing the fastest is the retrofitting and automating of older machines using Syntec controllers and Leantec robotics.  Around 70% of the EDM Shop’s clients are family orientated businesses where we have serviced more than one generation, the remaining 30% being large corporate clients.”

WE OFFER OUR CUSTOMERS UNRIVALLED AFTER SALES SERVICE

We keep a large range of spare parts to keep our clients machines running, even after more than 20 years of use.

We are committed to assisting our customers to succeed

We strive for long-term relationships with our customers by providing them with the necessary quality machine tools and services, and by doing so, helping them to achieve the business success they deserve. We also provide machinery break down repairs, scheduled maintenance, and operator training.

We offer our customers unrivalled after sales service

We offer a vast range of CNC mills and high speed machining centres, CNC lathes, Wire and Ram EDM machines and surface and cyclindrical grinders. We are now able to offer complete turnkey projects to both tool rooms and production shops, to allow our clients to get the best return on their investment.

We offer our customers dedicated service engineers

Our many years in the industry allow us to provide our customers with a one stop shop for all their needs whatever their requirements. Our team of dedicated service engineers offer an unrivalled level of customer service. Get in contact with us to find get more info. 

Our Products

CNC Controller

CNC Lathes

EDM

EDM Drills

Grinding

Injection Moulding Machines

Machining Centres

Wire EDM

Our Suppliers

Accutex

Aristech

Frank Phoenix

Jyoti / Huron

Ocean

Paragon

Radar

SSG

Sunfirm

Sure First

Syntec

Wele

Welltec

More information

From only having a small range of spark eroders in the early 90’s the EDM Shop has evolved into one of the leading suppliers of high tech equipment for the tool room, production and rubber and plastic injection moulding markets

 

Latest News

Need to log a technical fault? We can help with that.

Get social with us. Follow us and share with us your experiences with EDM Shop

We have used machines

We offer a range of used but cared for machines. If you can’t afford a new machine we have you covered.